Palo Santo is a mystical tree that grows on the coast of South America and is related to Frankincense, Myrrh and Copal. In Spanish, the name literally means “Holy Wood”. The Incas have been burning Palo Santo since ancient times as a spiritual remedy, for purifying, and cleansing. Palo Santo is used in cleansing and healing ceremonies. It's properties are similar to Sage, popularized for its heavenly presence in Ayahuasca ceremonies. It removes negative energy and evil spirits just as sage would. It also helps ground and clear energy. Light it as you do with incense. The smoke will continue for clearing your home. It is also said that Palo Santo enhances creativity and brings good fortune.
You will receive 10 sticks pieces of 3"-4" or 8" long. Burns like sage or incense would; light and blow out and smoke continues.
How To Smudge Your House:
1. Place the candle, the fireproof container and the smudge stick on a table, desk or any other appropriate surface.
2. Light the candle and say a prayer or just focus your energy. Light the tip of your smudge stick with a candle light, then gently wave the stick in the air till the tip begins to smoulder.
3. Hold the smudge stick over the fireproof container at all times in order to avoid any lit herbs falling on the floor . You can use a feather, if you have one, but usually just gently waving your hands to disperse the smoke is enough. Remind yourself to stay connected to your breathing throughout your smudging session.
4. Go clockwise around your house (usually starting at the front door), and gently wave the smoke into the air. Spend a bit more time smudging the room corners, as they tend to accumulate stagnant energy.
5. When you have smudged all areas of your house, come back to where you started and gently extinguish your smudge stick (dipping it into sand while applying a bit of pressure usually works well).