Healing Properties of Gemstones and Metals
- Black Agate protects against negative energies and guards against physical danger. This calming stone invokes courage, dispels fear, and promotes success and good fortune.
- Blue Crazy Lace Agate is a cooling and calming stone that is said to create inner peace, patience, grace and lightheartedness. This healing stone is known to relieve emotional pain and strengthen the heart center.
- Blue Lace Agate is a gentle, calming stone that promotes tranquility and reduces anger. It is also known to activate the throat chakra to promote clear and skillful communication.
- Cracked or Fired Agate invokes protection, invites abundance, calms anger, and removes emotional negativity. This warming and energizing stone sharpens concentration, stimulates creativity and is excellent for restoring vitality and motivation.
- Green Agate: According to Feng Shui, green is a benevolent and humanistic color. Like all color, it affects us even when we don't know it. In this stone, the spiritual power of green is said to combine with the natural benefits attributed to Agate. It is said that Green Agate corresponds to someone who is compassionate, generous, has good fortune and a keen sense of justice. It is also claimed to encourage those traits in others while worn.
- Moss Agate is believed to create abundance, success, and prosperity. This protective stone is also known to boost self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Natural Agate is the general term used to describe an Agate in its natural form that is brown to reddish brown, orange, tan, grey, white or any combination of these colors. Natural Agate is said to foster love, create an appreciation of nature, provide abundance, and soothe emotions.
- White Agate: White is the color that symbolizes purity and therefore is associated with spiritual inspiration and overcoming negative emotions. It is claimed to attract good fortune by eliminating bad luck. Its color is said to represent and aid in increased concentration, clarity and promote good will. It helps one to overcome flaws, fears and loneliness. Its calming effect during times of stress gives a sense of strength and courage. While all Agates are considered protection stones, White Agate in particular is credited by some to be a powerful healing stone, said to be especially beneficial for bone and marrow allergies.
- Yellow Agate:The color yellow is thought to encourage maturity and growth. Yellow Agate is said to help the wearer increase their inner vision and introspection, while dissolving tension and strengthening rational thought.
Aquamarine clears the mind and balances the emotions while strengthening personal power. It encourages a connection with the higher and spiritual self. Worn for good health, luck and love.
Aventurine is believed to bestow courage, optimism and determination. It is worn to bring luck while gambling and known to bring wealth. It helps to bring dreams into reality and is often referred to as a manifestation stone.
Bloodstone: The ancient Greeks valued the bloodstone as a lift-bringing precious stone. The green is symbolic of earth and the red is symbolic of the blood of the earth. It is considered a powerful healing stone and assists in moving blocked energy in the body.
Bone is a traditional material used in jewelry in both Nepal and Tibet. Bone signifies strength and is said to amplify prana (life force energy.
Carnelian:The Egyptians carried this stone as a symbol of regeneration and faithfulness. It is believed to bring fame and self-confidence to the wearer. It is also highly regarded as a protective stone and brings transformation to your life. Carnelian is an excellent stone to wear on a job interview for it brings good luck and opportunity, awakens talents within and encourages creative visualization.
Citrine is the stone of light and happiness. It does not hold any negative energy and therefore never needs to be cleansed. Wearing citrine jewelry against your skin enhances the clarity of mind, stimulating and activating the mind and thinking process. It helps to balance the Solar Chakra.
Coral is of organic origin. Coral can be used to reconnect with nature and its variety of wonders. Coral also attracts love and prosperity, particularly red coral, which is a stone of passion. Creativity and optimism are also qualities that coral brings out. Emotionally, coral brings inner peace, strength, and understanding of purpose.
Fresh Water Pearls They are considered the bringers of light, beauty, and love. They also help one to become aware and conscious of the problems that we carry around with us. Pearls are linked with innocence and seeing life through the eyes of compassion.
Garnet: It is said that the only light on Noah's Ark was provided by a Garnet. Garnet enhances your energy, passion and pleasure. It is a stone of health and energy. It helps to move the chi and energy flow in the body and stimulates physical activity. Garnet is known as the "stone of health" because it dissolves emotional blockages in the body.
Goldstone is said to: give positive energy, renew strength, a transmitter stone, balances energies, symbolizes human ingenuity to improve your life, encourages faith, induces happy thoughts, helps keep your feet on the ground, activates root and sacral chakras, protects the center of the body, relieves anxiety and fear, stimulates you physically, uplifting, reduces stomach tension, stabilizes emotions and aids in staying calm, an energy generator
- Red Goldstone can be used as a physical stimulator and to renew strength.
- Midnight Blue Goldstone protects the psychic and empathic sensitivities.
Hematite is the most powerful and effective grounding gemstone. It is a very protective gemstone that helps you to stay grounded in any situation. Hematite jewelry absorbs all negative energy from your body, eliminating stress, anxiety and worry. It is also powerful for balancing your aura and aligning the chakras. It pulls any stray, floating energy down to your root chakra.
Jade is considered a powerful lucky charm. Jade is believed to improve vitality and is associated with wisdom, peace and harmony.
- Copper Ore Jasper is a powerful healing stone. This deeply nourishing stone is soothing, calming and inspiring. Like all jaspers, it carries a protective power.
- Kambaba Jasper is known for it’s cleansing and healing properties, especially it’s ability to boost the immune system. This calming and soothing stone instils a feeling of wholeness, self-worth and serenity, and is also known to have potent protective qualities.
- Ocean Jasper teaches us responsibility and patience, as well as how to love ourselves and others. This calming stone helps regulate breathing for meditation and harmonizes all of the chakras.
- Picture Jasper is a grounding and harmonizing stone that cultivates a deep connection with the earth. This comforting stone promotes creative visualization and business pursuits, and can help alleviate fear.
- Poppy Jasper brings joy, happiness and a good outlook on life and is said to balance the yin and the yang, and the emotional and the physical energies. This protective stone is believed to enhance physical endurance and to align all the chakras, with it being especially grounding for the root chakra.
- Rainbow Jasper also has protective powers, and is know to protect against “hazards of the night.” This beautiful calming stone is also grounding, balancing and healing.
- Red Jasper has been used for its grounding and healing power since ancient times. This beautiful stone deepens and strengthens your connection to the earth, helping you to remove the stress in your body, ground your energy, and calm your mind. Red Jasper is connected to the sacral and root chakra
- Turquoise Jasper is a nurturing and peaceful stone that is said to promote gentleness, tranquility, comfort, wholeness, and healing. It is believed to stabilize and balance the emotions and is also known for it’s protective powers to drive away evil spirits.
- Silver Leaf Jasper is known to provide protection and good luck. It is also a stabilizing, strengthening and balancing stone.
Marble: A cleansing stone that is beneficial for the blood, skin, and cleansing systems. This mineral is used to provide both clarity and states of "suspension in both meditation and tantric activities. It provides for strength of self-control and mastery of thought. It enhances the powers of serenity. Marble can provide the "good common sense" in matters of the home, heart and one's constitution. Allows for total recall of dreams as well as, provides protection, stability and structure both in the physical and emotional mind.
Metals :Every natural substance has a unique vibration that creates an energy field—metal is no exception.
- Aluminum is a projective energy that will shield your own energy. It is in a sense, an invisibility cloak that deflects energy being sent your way. In jewelry it will always protect the wearer.
- Brass is a projective metal that is also associated with gold. It can be used as a substitute for gold in healing/money attracting rituals. Brass is not associated with a planet but is connected with the sun.
- Bronze is soothing. It can easily calm the mind. It's the toughest metal out there and is a mix of tin and copper. Tin's planet is Jupiter, which is known for abundance and opportunity.
- Copper has been hailed for improving circulation; though you should not take this as medical advice and should always consult a doctor for treatment. If you have any circulatory problems it wouldn't hurt to put on a copper arm cuff or bracelet. Wearing copper can help you improve your awareness and expand your consciousness. It's particularly useful in strengthening bonds between people.
- Gold has been known since prehistoric times to strengthen confidence and symbolize wealth. Gold really opens the crown chakra and is known to help the wearer who is open to wisdom obtain it from universal sources. Gold has long been hailed for its protective properties as well, which is why it's been commonly used for talismans, amulets and for making protective symbol charms to be worn.
- Iron is a metal found in many minerals such as hematite and magnetite. It's a very protective metal and it's also found in the human body; in our blood. The coppery taste of blood comes from iron. It's also found in many plants such as spinach and kale.
- Nickel is a great metal for use in promoting psychological healing. Wearing nickel can act as a negative energy detoxifier and help drain away depression, fear and anger. If you're suffering from compulsive thoughts or dreams, nickel can help purge your mind of them. Wearing it encourages creativity and a lightness of spirit.
- Silver is closely associated with the moon; if you know anything about the influences of the Moon in astrology, you’ll find it closely related to the influences of silver. One of its key traits is that it increases sensitivity—particularly psychic sensitivity. Medically, silver has been known to enhance the production of hormones and regulate the function of glands.
- Tibetan Silver
- Tibetans use jewelry as a means to keep them close to deities. Tibetan silver jewelry has a rustic, almost unfinished look to it. Tibetan silver pieces are individually made in a process that usually involves hammering and chiseling. No one will ever confuse it as having been machine mass produced, and herein lies its simple beauty.
- Stainless steel has become more popular in jewelry making since it’s so strong, durable, and affordable. People with skin allergies are less prone to be allergic to it, and it’s very attractive to boot. Steel's energies are highly projective and its associated with the planet Mars—so named for the Roman God of war. As such, it should come as no surprise that wearing stainless steel can be a little like donning spiritual armor. If you are looking to protect yourself from extreme negativity or anything that would suck the energy right out of you—stainless steel is a good option.
Obsidian is very often used for gaining clear insight into problems and is considered a stable stone, bringing stability to its owner.
- Snowflake Obsidian is calming and soothing and promotes centering and serenity. This stone balances mind-body-spirit and releases negative energies, emotions, and thoughts.
Onyx is a black agate which belongs to the quartz group. It is believed to to be the most important semi-precious healing stone of antiquity. It is a highly protective stone that can shield the mind and body from electromagnetic energy. It assists with melancholy, the release of negativity and depression. It helps to calm one's fears, leaving them feeling stable and secure.
Opal: The opal is said to be many things including the most powerful of healing stones, the stone of hope, the stone of great achievement and even the "stone of the Gods
African Opal is a calming, soothing and purifying stone that is purported to cure diseases of the eye. It is used to see all possibilities in situations and to cultivate creativity, insight and inspiration.
Green Opal is a healing and rejuvenating gemstone that is known to strengthen the immune system.
Quartz is said to be the universal healing stone, reputed to promote hope, happiness and optimism.
Cloudy Quartz is a powerful healing stone that is said to enhance communication and understanding. This energizing quartz is known to reduce stress and promote mental focus and increased concentration.
Crystal quartz is reputed to cleanse the mind and body, strengthen alignment with higher self, and to receive, transmit, store and amplify energy. Crystal quartz is particularly beneficial for meditation and healing work.
Rose quartz is said to open the heart chakra to all forms of love and is believed to remove fears, resentments and anger.
Rutulated Quartz Rutilated Quartz is an energy enhancer because it enhances the energy of other stones that it is with. It stimulates movement while aligning mind and body. The Egyptians believed that it helps to fend off the effects of aging. Rutilated quartz contains thin threads of minerals that are referred to as "angel threads." Because it contains angel threads, it is believed to attract angels to the wearer.
Smoky Quartz is believed to be excellent for grounding and removing negative emotions through its effects on the first chakra, relieving stress, fear, anger and other negative emotions and transforms them into positive energies. This stone is comforting and calming, and can protect you from absorbing negative energies. Smoky Quartz is a stone that helps to ground and connect the wearer to the earth, allowing them to keep their feet on the ground and remain balanced. It assists in removing mental and emotional blockages, relieving pain and dispersing negativity from the body. It is worn for emotional support and helps to dissolve anger and resentment.
Tourmalinated Quartz is known as a powerful stone for protection and grounding. This stone also creates balance and inner strength, deflects and transforms negativity, and reduces anxiety and depression.
Serpentine is very powerful in cleansing and clearing the aura and in transmuting blocked stagnant energy into a flow of fluid movement. It helps to balance the mind, body and spirit. It assists in reclaiming a grounded connection to the earth and is able to attract angels and a knowingness that everything is connected.
Spinel is a stone of calm and renewal. It is a high energy stone and the energy is supportive and can help people overcome feeling of stress and heal physical energy blockages. It also offers encouragement in situations of difficulty and help ease a situational crisis such as a divorce or a job change.
Sodalite:The Greeks valued this stone a highly artistic stone, therefore sculptors, painters, signers and artist often carried it with them. It is believed to have a harmonizing effect on the glands due to its high salt, zinc, manganese and calcium content. It helps to open up the throat chakra and vibrates to the blue ray.
Tiger's Eye is believed to bestow wealth, fortune and success. Tiger's Eye helps to rebalance the body on all levels. It encourages optimism.
Tiger Iron is a combination of Hematite, Red Jasper and Tiger’s Eye. Hematite brings inner fire, mixed with emotional balance and clarity of thought. Red Jasper promotes power, strength and stability. Tiger Iron encourages and supports change, giving you the energy to take charge of your life. It is helps to bring our hidden talents and help with creative endeavors.
Tourmaline is known to have strong protective and healing powers.
- Green Tourmaline inspires creativity and attracts success and prosperity.
- Black Tourmaline is known to bring good luck and happiness, perhaps due to it’s strong protective properties that pushes all negativity away. This grounding stone helps to balance the body and mind to cultivate physical healing and good health.
Turquoise is a master healing stone that helps to strengthen the entire body. It is often called the "stone of health." Turquoise helps to sooth the throat and nervous system. It promotes health, peace and inner calm and is worn for communication, luck and love.
Unakite jasper brings together the abundant, nurturing energy of green with the soft, caring passion of pink in one of Nature's most healing crystals of the heart and mind. It resonates with the frequency of love, compassion and kindness, and is a stone dedicated to balancing the emotional body. The elements of Red Jasper and Epidote blend beautifully in Unakite Jasper and embody strong, harmonious relationships. Its pink and green energies balance aspects of the heart, lifting spirits when one is down, and helps to release deep-seated emotions in a slow and gentle way
Red is the color of fire and blood, so it is associated with energy, strength, power, determination as well as passion, desire, and love. Red is a very emotionally intense color. In heraldry, red is used to indicate courage. It is a color found in many national flags.
Orange combines the energy of red and the happiness of yellow. It is associated with joy, sunshine, and the tropics. Orange represents enthusiasm, fascination, happiness, creativity, determination, attraction, success, encouragement, and stimulation to the human eye, orange is a very hot color, so it gives the sensation of heat.
Yellow is the color of sunshine. It's associated with joy, happiness, intellect, and energy. Yellow produces a warming effect, arouses cheerfulness, stimulates mental activity, and generates muscle energy. Yellow is often associated with food. Bright, pure yellow is an attention getter, which is the reason taxicabs are painted this color. In heraldry, yellow indicates honor and loyalty.
Green is the color of nature. It symbolizes growth, harmony, freshness, and fertility. Green has strong emotional correspondence with safety. Dark green is also commonly associated with money. Green has great healing power. It is the most restful color for the human eye; it can improve vision. Green suggests stability and endurance. In heraldry, green indicates growth and hope.
Blue is the color of the sky and sea. It is often associated with depth and stability. It symbolizes trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, truth, and heaven. Blue is considered beneficial to the mind and body. It slows human metabolism and produces a calming effect. Blue is strongly associated with tranquility and calmness. In heraldry, blue is used to symbolize piety and sincerity.
Purple combines the stability of blue and the energy of red. Purple is associated with royalty. It symbolizes power, nobility, luxury, and ambition. It conveys wealth and extravagance. Purple is associated with wisdom, dignity, independence, creativity, mystery, and magic.
White is associated with light, goodness, innocence, purity, and virginity. It is considered to be the color of perfection.White means safety, purity, and cleanliness. White can represent a successful beginning. In heraldry, white depicts faith and purity.
Black is associated with power, elegance, formality, and mystery. Black denotes strength and authority; it is considered to be a very formal, elegant, and prestigious color.
Brown: The color brown is serious and very down to earth, with properties like reliable, motherly, grounding, stability, structure and support. The brown color stands for protection and supporting the family with great sense of duty and responsibility. Brown color meaning calls for high priority, a strong need for security, belonging to a family and having lots of good friends. Of color meanings, brown stands for material security and acquirement of material possessions.
Pink is sedating and calming. It also symbolizes love and romance.
TRIANGLE: The triangle that points downward is one of the oldest symbols of the divine power of the female.
Evil eye: The evil eye is a curse believed to be cast by a malevolent glare, usually given to a person when they are unaware. Many cultures believe that receiving the evil eye will cause misfortune or injury. Talismans created to protect against the evil eye are also frequently called "evil eyes". Wear it to protect you against the evil eye.
Skulls are considered the seat of power and the house of the soul. It is also a reminder of my human potential and a symbol of humility. Skulls are symbolic of the duality between divine and mortal housed within one vessel.
Dorje: The Tibetan Dorje represents firmness and power of spirit. A powerful protective talisman and destroyer of ignorance.